By Michelle B. and Camilla S.

Sunday, January 6, 2013



"Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die tomorrow.”
-James Dean

This has been one of my favorite quotes for as long as I can remember. It sounds so simple, but it can be really complex if you dive into it. When I think about it, I like to split it into the two different quotes. The first one, ‘Dream as if you’ll live forever’ is what really grabs my attention at first. Life is too short to be sitting around doing nothing. I also think that though, because sometimes people think life is too short, they don’t set amazing ambitions for themselves. They just think that something is out of reach and they leave it at that. So dreaming as if you’ll live forever is a good mindset to have. Don’t let the shortness of life get in the way of your dreams and hopes.  Now, live as if you’ll die tomorrow. I love how the opening quote and the ending quote contradict themselves in a way but are equally inspirational. Most people’s everyday lives are an endless drone of doing the same thing over and over. Most of us are stuck in a rut, stuck in a routine. If you knew it would be your last day though, what would you do differently? That’s what the quote makes me think. If you were going to die tomorrow, I think you would live your life differently.  I love how one half of the quote tells you to think about living forever, while the second half tells you to think about possibly dying tomorrow. That is the biggest contradiction you can get, but both parts are so inspirational to me.

~Camilla S. (Guest Blogger)


No comments:

Post a Comment